‘We have to keep progressing’ – Perez wants to push on after third P2 of the year at Suzuka.
Sergio Perez is in very consistent form this year and took his third second place of the season in Japan on Sunday.
07 Apr 2024
Formula One - Official Site (Video)

‘We have to keep progressing’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...004023913.html

Perez 'paid the price' for Red Bull struggle in Japanese GP
It is a first career podium for Sergio Perez at Suzuka
7 April 2024, 9:35AM
Jake Nichol

Starting second, Perez followed home team leader Max Verstappen for a third Red Bull one-two of the season, to score his first career podium at Suzuka. Verstappen largely had Perez covered in the opening laps, but a slight mistake at the second Degner corner allowed the Dutchman to break free, with Perez bemoaning the feeling of his RB20.

"It was a good weekend for the team, and first of all, I think obviously with the restart and doing the start again, it is always quite hard to keep the focus for such a long period of time," Perez explained. "My second start was a little bit better, but just not enough to get Max, and I think we paid the price a little bit because we were a bit off-balance in that first stint, which meant we couldn't keep it alive.”

'Paid the price';

https://racingnews365.com/perez-paid...in-japanese-gp

Sergio Perez’s big leap towards 2025 Red Bull contract
April 7, 2024
Andrew Maitland
RacingNews365

Sergio Perez is making significant strides as he approaches the critical period of contract negotiations with Red Bull for the 2025 season. In a recent turn of events, Perez showcased his competitive edge by narrowly missing the pole position at Suzuka, clocking in just under a tenth of a second slower, much to the dismay of Max Verstappen, his teammate, who was less impressed with his own performance.

Dr. Helmut Marko, Red Bull’s leading Formula 1 consultant, finds himself pondering the future amid Perez’s return to the front row, noting, “I have to think, because it was a long time ago.” The frenzy surrounding the 2025 driver lineup is already underway, yet Perez has demonstrated considerable improvement this year, positioning him as a strong contender for securing his place with Red Bull.

Marko shed light on Perez’s renewed approach this season, telling ORF, “Checo has started with a different attitude this year. He is no longer trying to follow his own technical path. The cars are almost identical in terms of setup, and that’s what makes the difference in the end. It looks like he can do it, but perhaps it is very motivating for him that next year’s contracts are at stake, this year much earlier than usual. Normally, we don’t talk about driver decisions at all in April. But it’s still too early for us. We will certainly wait a while before we make a decision.”

‘2025 Red Bull contract’;

https://grandpx.news/sergio-perezs-b...bull-contract/

Perez hails ‘good momentum’ after P2 in Japan amid turnaround from ‘worst weekend’ at Suzuka last year
07 April 2024
Formula One - Official Site

Sergio Perez was pleased to add to his growing points tally by taking P2 in the Japanese Grand Prix, with the Mexican confident that Red Bull can be “strong anywhere else” after their solid showing at Suzuka.

After missing out on pole position to team mate Max Verstappen in Saturday’s qualifying, Perez started the race on the front row alongside the Dutchman but couldn’t quite take the fight to him.

While he felt he enjoyed a stronger launch when the event was restarted – following an early red flag due to a collision between Alex Albon and Daniel Ricciardo – Perez struggled more in the opening stint before becoming more comfortable during the second. He ultimately crossed the line in P2 to help Red Bull in securing their third one-two result of 2024.

‘Good momentum’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...ITMEI4EAEPRcF3

HORNER ON THE FUTURE OF PEREZ AT RED BULL: ‘IT’S HIS SEAT TO LOSE’
Perez says he is feeling ‘relaxed’ about his future at Red Bull and believes the decision is only ‘a matter of time’
April 7, 2024
Hannah May
FormulaNerds

Sergio Perez feels confident after the 2024 Japanese Grand Prix where he moved from P3 to P2 in the Drivers’ Standings. He took the second step of the podium alongside his teammate and victor, Max Verstappen.
Second in Suzuka �� Great drive and great moves today, @SChecoPerez ��#F1 || #JapaneseGP ���� pic.twitter.com/kKHqTvv32f
— Oracle Red Bull Racing (@redbullracing) April 7, 2024

When asked by Sky Sports about his Red Bull seat for the 2025 driver market, Perez said:
“I’m really pleased with what I’ve done in the sport so far”
He said he was “relaxed about it” but does recognise the competition for his current seat. He continued: “The driver market is moving and the next few weeks are going to be a lot of movement for sure.”

Horner is full of praise for Checo. Red Bull team principal, Christian Horner spoke to Sky Sports after the 2024 Japanese Grand Prix. He was asked about Perez’s chances of retaining his Red Bull seat. He praised Perez’s performance so far this year, remarking:
“He’s doing a great job.”
Discussing Perez’s qualifying session, Horner said: “He qualified within a tenth of a second yesterday – by far his best qualifying performance round here – and I think that you can see his confidence is growing.” Speaking about Perez’s race, Horner continued: “I thought his performance in the race, again, was very strong today.”

“He’s doing a great job”;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ho...-seat-to-lose/

Red Bull F1 future will be sorted imminently - Perez
Sergio Perez's contract is up at the end of the 2024 season, with a clutch of drivers linked with the Red Bull seat.
8 April 2024, 7:25AM
Jake Nichol

Sergio Perez has suggested that his Formula 1 future with Red Bull could be resolved "within a month" as he continues an impressive start to the season. "I am pretty relaxed about it, it is my 14th season in F1," Perez told Sky Sports F1.

"Whatever comes next, I am really pleased with what I've done in the sport so far. I believe it will be a matter of time [before my future is decided] and obviously the driver market is moving and in the next few weeks, there will be a lot of movement for sure. I expect to know within a month what I am doing next year."

"Within a month";

https://racingnews365.com/perez-hint...ed-bull-future