Zhou Guanyu reportedly under consideration at Haas.
Zhou Guanyu and his team are working to secure a seat in F1, with reports suggesting that Haas is an option.
May 12, 2024
Jaden Diaz-Ndisang
Last Word On Sports

After a strong performance in Bahrain to claim P11, Zhou Guanyu has failed to take the next step and score points. Sauber still suffers from a variety of limitations, ranging from a lack of pace to slow pit stops. The largely uncompetitive nature of the C44 makes it difficult for either Zhou or Bottas to make their case in the F1 market. However, there seem to be options available to the Chinese driver.

Over the last two seasons, Zhou and teammate Valtteri Bottas have performed at a solid level. Last season, for example, their well-executed race in Qatar lifted Sauber from 10th to 9th in the standings. The year prior, the Hinwil-based team clung onto an impressive 6th in the standings.

Despite this, Sauber is now a very different team. Audi now has complete control of the team, with the German manufacturer looking to impose itself on decision-making. The arrival of Nico Hulkenberg last month was the culmination of Audi’s long-standing interest in his services. The 36-year-old has confirmed that CEO Andreas Seidl was central in this eventual agreement.

‘Under consideration at Haas’;

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsp...ation-at-haas/

Zhou caught off-guard by Stake F1's Hulkenberg swoop
Zhou Guanyu has conceded he was not expecting the news that Nico Hulkenberg will be joining Stake F1, but believes the team remains an option for him and team-mate Valtteri Bottas for next season.
2 May 2024.
Samuel Coop & Aaron Deckers
RacingNews365

Zhou admitted that news of Hulkenberg joining came as a surprise, with the Chinese driver not expecting it to come as early as it did. "The whole announcement, it's a bit more early than I expected, but it doesn't really change my approach," Zhou responded to media including RacingNews365 when Nico Hulkenberg joining Stake F1 for 2025 was brought up.

"I just try to focus on my job with the current team, to prove myself and give it everything I have, for my future. Of course, we're looking at different options, to see what was the best. We didn't really get much involvement with Nico [Hulkenberg], so I can't really say much about the other seat available for this team.”

All I can say is I think Andreas Seidl is looking at all different options, including me and Valtteri [Bottas]. Of course, here [Stake F1] is a place that can be possible for the future, for next year." Zhou narrowly missed out on his first points of the season at the previous race, the Chinese Grand Prix. Having qualified in the top 10 for the sprint at his home event, he crossed the line in ninth, one place outside the points-paying positions.

‘Zhou caught off-guard’;

https://racingnews365.com/zhou-caugh...lkenberg-swoop

Zhou details what he needs to do in order to remain in F1
The Chinese driver picked up his best result of 2024 so far last time out at his home race
April 30, 2024
Darius Needham
FormulaNerds

Zhou Guanyu has revealed what things he needs to do in order to remain in the sport as he hopes to enjoy a “long career” in Formula 1. It was a weekend to remember for Zhou nearly a fortnight ago as he became the first Chinese driver to race at the Shanghai International Circuit in F1.

Zhou slightly missed out on the top eight in the Sprint Race after finishing in an impressive P9. In the Grand Prix itself, it was reliability and pace which let the team down as Bottas would retire from the race and Zhou could only muster P14.

Despite these results, Zhou had won the hearts of the Chinese people and F1 fans around the world with his performances over the three days. He is now hoping to improve over the course of the season as he looks to keep his seat for 2025. “From my side, I think we just focus on that, and hopefully it’s not going to be the only one, because I’m planning hopefully to stay here as long as I could. Everybody loves to be having a long career in Formula 1, that’s where we dream to be.”

‘Zhou details what he needs to do’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/zh...-remain-in-f1/

‘One thing is clear’ – Audi make big decision on Valtteri Bottas and Zhou Guanyu – report
11 May 2024 10:00 AM
Henry Valantine
PlanetF1.com

German publication Sport Bild claims the team’s mind is already made up on their current line-up. The report writes: “It remains to be seen who will be Hülkenberg’s team-mate. One thing is clear: neither the expiring contract of Valtteri Bottas (34) nor that of Zhou Guanyu (24) will be extended.”

“In the case of both drivers, those responsible around boss [Andreas] Seidl are not convinced that they can fulfil Audi’s ambition: to establish themselves among the top teams, such as Red Bull and Mercedes, and compete for world championships.”

Both Zhou and Bottas have expressed a desire to secure their futures in the sport sooner rather than later if they can, and while Zhou is keen to lock down a multi-year contract either with Sauber or elsewhere if he can.

‘One thing is clear’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/audi-f...ecision-report

Bottas hopes Miami ‘an outlier’ for Kick Sauber as Zhou laments ‘real struggle’ all weekend
08 May 2024
Formula One - Official Site

Zhou shared similar thoughts to Bottas as he rose from 19th to 14th, expressing particular frustration at losing a chunk of time to the cars ahead while getting stuck behind Alex Albon’s Williams.

“It was actually not too bad for us [with the Safety Car], but the only thing is that we went for softs, so we had almost 30 laps on softs and they fall off,” he commented. “I think the issue was that we lacked some top speed against Alex and I couldn’t really pass him on the straights, so the whole race was really compromised.”

Asked if he also felt the event was an ‘outlier’ for the team, Zhou said: “It’s very clear this weekend both cars it’s been a real struggle. We tried to play a lot with different set-ups during Friday and Saturday but both didn’t seem to work. On the other side, I think a lot of the competitors brought upgrades for the last few races and we still have similar to what we had a few races ago. I’m sure in Imola we can make a step and it’s a question of how much.”

‘Both cars it’s been a real struggle’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...B1EOvzkLzuo6AX